November 21, 2010

Day 19.

- Disrespecting your parents.

*i'm finally caught up on these numbered reflections! yeah, smd.

i guess i have a tendency to disrespect my parents a lot. ideally, they would like for me to be really studious and not have any remnants of a social life. it's really hard for me to just stay at home all the time especially for no reason other than the fact that it makes my parents happy to know i'm safe since i'm asleep on the couch, watching csi miami.

in regards to life decisions like my major or moving out, i go against their wishes for me all the time because if it came down to me choosing my own way vs. their way, i would choose mine every time. it's hard to have old school parents because they're so set in how things in vietnam worked that they think moving out of the house before i'm married and/or not becoming an engineer/doctor/IT person is ridiculous and dangerous.

i've been hoping a lot lately that my parents understand that i'm growing up and not that i love them any less or that i'm growing away from them. i just need space to work out who i am and what i want/need from life and doing so in the confines of my house is really hard.


*this picture is exactly how i feel hahahah minus the hat and cleavage.

No comments:

Post a Comment