November 3, 2010

future flavored.

i'm not sure why i keep posting shit today! i guess i have a lot on my mind and none of it really jives into the same blog post.

today, as i headed back to arlington (where i spend most of my waking hours) with my mom to go grocery shopping, she asked me what i'm planning to do after college. granted, i've been asked this question a million times from both parents and with the same exact tone of unease in their voices. this time, it felt different but don't ask me why.

almost a week ago, i got asked the very same question by fur face boy over pluckers. it was kind of like a tablewide "interview" where he asked us about our dreams/goals/etc. as he got closer to me and i said the same thing i've been saying all semester; "anthropology major, minoring in women's studies" and to the same reaction, he asked me if that's what i dreamt of doing when i was a kid. no, i said, i wanted to be a marine biologist. when he asked me why i forgot about this, i said it was because i grew up and out of it.

however, what i meant was that i grew up and experienced it to a degree and didn't love it as much. anyways, i guess the point of this post is more to write to myself and reinforce my beliefs to myself. there's something to learning about different cultures and customs that makes me happy and i can't quite put my finger on it. i feel as if this is the right track for me but sometimes it's hard to put your reason for loving something into words.

i'm just glad i'm finally doing this for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment